Birdwatching in Pasir Ris Park (Buffy Fish Owl) June 8, 2015

I took leave on Monday, 8 of June to pay visit to Chek Jawa, Ubin a place i have not been for more than 2 years. I choose a Monday to avoid the expected crowds in Ubin during weekends. I really do enjoy a quieter and less crowded Ubin but also understand that for this island to remain relevant, it needs to attract tourist in addition to nature lovers.

On my way home after Ubin I decided to make a detour to Pasir Ris Park and that was a decision that allowed to finally catch sight of the resident Buffy Fish Owl which i was trying to catch sight of during my many trips to Pasir Ris Park. This resident is easily identifiable once you spot it, the reason being, it is blind in one eye.

The first two photos are of the Buffy Fish Owl and are my favourite as well because after it turned and look at me, then only i realised and confirmed for sure it was the one-eye Buffy Fish Owl, a local resident photographed by other birders before.

Buffy Fish Owl in Pasir Ris Park
Buffy Fish Owl in Pasir Ris Park

Buffy Fish Owl in Pasir Ris Park

Buffy Fish Owl in Pasir Ris Park
Buffy Fish Owl in Pasir Ris Park
I hope there will be more Buffy Fish Owl in Pasir Ris with a sustainable food supply for them. I need to do a bit more catch up in some of my article postings which i have not done yet. I made more trips this year to Pasir Ris Park which i have not blogged about yet, for example trips to catch sight the juvenile Pied Fantails in its nest. Will try to find time to do so.

See also previous post on Pasir Ris Park
Birdwatching in Pasir Ris Park (February 20, 2015), posted on March 1, 2015
A stroll in Pasir Ris Park, posted on January 24, 2014
Red Jungle Fowl spotted in Pasir Ris Park, posted on March 27, 2011

Comments

Labels

Show more