My encounter with a moron who think he is God's great gift to MANKIND

Had a nice and quiet dinner with my better half at Toa Payoh Central (Sizzler's) yesterday. Teriyaki salmon was yummy !!..

Our table was near the cashier and the lovely environment was broken by this guy having an argument with the cashier over something. (i suspect over some information that he has in his smartcard chip that Sizzler couldn't verify). What really turn me off when he ended of the argument by saying arrogantly "..........i should know about smartchips/cards, i am an IT professional !".

I got angry and very pissed with that so-called "IT professional", because
a) of his tone of voice and arrogrance
b) he looked down on the cashier and basically told her to face that he is more intelligent...

What he totally lack was graciousness and humbleness. It didn't matter customer service at Sizzler's was top noch..but the fact of the matter, a little graciousness goes a long way.

Someone once told me, "you may be intelligent, but there will be always other people who are more intelligent than you"..

It draws me to quote: "Learning can only take place when you show some humbleness and willingness to open your mind to others".

HAPPY LEARNING friends..

Comments

  1. Perhaps the cashier might say, "Well sir, I'm sorry but you just have to kiss IT good bye."

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. I can also be reached at rojaklibrarian@gmail.com

Labels

Show more